Having trouble putting engine back in truck

Kyle_truck_pull

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.
I am putting back in a 03 cummins engine, do. Why is the best way? Do u leave the pan off? Or is their a better way?
Thanks for the help!

Was the head off when you pulled it? If its all together you have to cut a huge section of the core support out, then bolt it back in when the motor is in.

loosen cab mounts and jack it up. Thats what i do with my 95

I got it back in, I left the pan off, removed the rubber engine mounts, then slid the engine back in, I was just worried about being able to put the pan on with the engine back in, but it can be done it just sucks! Thanks for the advice though. I haven't lift the cab up before, I may try that next time

The trick is to loosen the cab bolts and leave the rear bolts tight lift the front up and put a 2X4 between the body and the frame and it will fall into place

No need to remove the pan, no need to remove the head, no need to lift the cab...on the 3rd gens you remove the lower (rubber) part of the motor mounts and just giv'er a twist and a tug and she'll slide right in. Trick is to hang the engine so it's lower on the rear, just like it's mounted in the chassis.

Was the head off when you pulled it? If its all together you have to cut a huge section of the core support out, then bolt it back in when the motor is in.

No.

28236_433028120849_777585849_5691854_835016_n.jpg

loosen cab mounts and jack it up. Thats what i do with my 95

Win