Hazing

mrmuddy76

ok so I have a 05 2500 that has 60hp injectors in it. I have started to notice now that is getting cold that I its hazing when I first start it to warm up. I haven't had this pickup threw any cold weather and the motor and the injectors only have a about 25000 miles on them so I don't know if this is normal or not. I have already had a injector issue cause me a motor in this pickup and so I am very nervous about crapy injectors. They are II injectors and it doesn't run bad but it does show a little haze when cold like I said. am I worrying to much about this or should I not be getting any haze with such small injectors?

They are II injectors

And that, my good man, is your problem. I have II 180's on my truck and they've always hazed. I use to have their 50 hp injectors, supposedly 100's but long story, and they hazed as well.

Only advice I can give you is to check your balance rates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

How do u check balance rates with a scanner

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I have their 150's and live in MN. Mine don't haze at an idle..even when it is super cold out. It'll blow out some smoke when it first first, 5 seconds after that its pretty cean! I had ddp nozzles and they were horrible...I mean...about as bad as pres. Obama running the u.s. lol

Mines not terrible its not noticable very muchin the daylight but at night u can see it

I bought my truck with II 120s in it. hazes quite a bit. I should probably replace them soon but looking for a house and buying injectors dont mix.

whats your timing set at ?
I have herd that this will cause some hazing when cold.

I have a 215 W 887 pump , FF @ 15.5* , It hazez also , only when cold though , once warm its all good.

My timing is set by my ecm as its a common rail so I'm not sure

I was refering to the Injection timing , Is it not Coolant temp referenced, I would figure the timing would be closer to TDC when cold 9 like below 160*), or something like this.

And yeah I know different animal, thats why I bought one, LOL..

Back