HD NV5600 mainshaft

sinfulcoin

Trying to build a bulletproof 6 speed and was wondering if anyone has any tips. I am wondering if its worth it to use EEP's HD mainshaft. Any of you guys runs this. What else likes to break in this trans???

Mine recently decided it didn't like 6th gear. All the teeth were stripped off and the countershaft broke. I really couldn't tell you what failed first though; it looked like a grenade went off in there.:bang

I don't know if EEPs 2-piece mainshaft is worth it or not but one is going in my truck right now. Mt truck is a straight sled puller so the shafts stregnth will be tested! Not been too happy with my other EEP parts, but I will keep you posted.

the eep 2 piece main shaft is a repair if you snap the end off the stock one.not a replacement.

I have chewed the teeth off of 6th gear on the mainshaft and it also took out 6th gear on the countershaft so i would cryo the gears while you have it apart i was going to but didnt have the time i had to get my truck back on the road so i just put it back together with the stock parts we'll see what happens.

Danny