hd push rods

dj551976

does anyone know if there is any heavy duty push rodsout there? I've checked everywhere i can think of to find some i'm starting to think there isn't any. any help would be great.

What's the benefit of HD push rods? For use with aftermarket valve springs?

This is an item that is often overlooked in an engine, but with increased spring pressures, extreme cylinder pressures, elevated rpm’s, high ratio rockers, and aggressive cam profiles, stock pushrods become inadequate to control your valves. With all these stresses pushrods begin to compress and deflect, which in turn reduces lift, retards cam timing, and shortens duration.

I run hamiltons in my truck. They look great really impressive. You can actually see the difference from stock push rods to Hamiltons.

I have 2 sets of CR Motorsports .083 seamless chrome molly custom lengths available, Buddah power,got them for me they are strong VERY STRONG!!!!

HD pushrods are .095 Chromolly. Seamless as well. The main difference is that the ends are machined 8620, cryogenically treated balls and cups. Some others just have the pushrod pressed, shaped, and heat treated instead of hardened ends. There are more than a few pushrod manufacturers. Beware of the "lighter than factory pushrods", if you want all of the lift off of your cam to actually make it to the valves. Pushrods are NOT the place to skimp on weight, they need to be very rigid.

Terry Manton is making me a set as we speak. 3/8" .134 wall thickness 4140 salt heat treated rods with h-13 tool steel cups and ball ends. right around $300 for the set. As mentioned before the weight on the cam side of the rocker is not an issue, but the stability of the rod is. Terry said that going by the increased spring and combustion pressures and the length of the factory rods, stock pushrods are most likely showing deflection by 3,000 rpm.

Here is a link to his site.

http://www.mantonpushrods.com/index.html

pushrods

comp461 sold me my set and think were 3/8's .083 and around $200 any length you need. search motorports supply or comp461 on here.

Ive seen the lighter ones for around $175, the ones with no pressed in pivot balls are around $200, and the ones that have hardened pressed in balls and cups are between $275 to $300. You get what you pay for! Haisley, source, comp461,Hamilton, and Olee Poole, All sell pushrods. Ask each vendor their specs and then buy the Quality and price level thats right for you.

Back