he341 rebuild?

MegaCabRam

Who rebuilds them and is it worth it? Stock engine rebuild and I want to go back fresh with everything.

I have had great luck with rebuilding the factory holsets myself... Rebuild kit is $100 give or take and it takes about an hour once you get a handle on how to do it.

That sounds good, where do you get your rebuild kits? Any tricks or anything I need to watch for?

It has lots of in and out play and it's pretty bad side to side as well, guess I need to get it apart and make sure the wheel or housing aren't eat up first.

make sure you have a snap ring pliers with a .023" tip. That's the only special tool you really need.

Buy a genuine holset kit

Make sure you have some tiny snap ring pliers for the bearing clips

Make sure you have some dam big channel locks for the compressor snap ring

Soak the hot side in some panther pizz a couple days before

Mark the housings orientation to the center section for re alignment

Mark the shaft before you disassemble it to get the compressor wheel and shaft lined up again. (some say they are unit balanced and that is unnecessary but I do it anyways)

Clean everything thoroughly.

Stay clean

Lube the bearings on reassembly.

Make sure the compressor ring on the turbine side stays in its seat when you push it in.

It is a fairy easy and straightforward process. There are some threads on out and about on rebuilding hx35 chargers which is almost identical in terms of rebuild kits.

Looks like the fins have been rubbing against the housing's, is it bad enough I should replace them?

20141209_142154.jpg

20141209_142114.jpg

20141209_142038.jpg

20141209_142026.jpg

20141209_142016.jpg

20141209_141948.jpg

Agreed.

You will have way more in repairing that than it is worth. There is an he351cw for sale on here for $400 IIRC. Buy that and run it.

Back