HE351VE install on ealy 04 CR FUMMINS

dzljon

Aviation TIG Welder
i have most everthing hooked up, I used a 6.7 mainfold and made the blank off plates myself out of 1/2" steel, I ordered M16x1.5 to -10 fittings for the coolant ports on the turbo and then reduced down the 1/2 npt in the head to 3/8npt x -10 AN, the return linis routed to a port i welded to the suction side of the water pump and used standard 5/8 heater hose, the fleece controllor is all hooked up but i have to finish the air ride install befor it is driveable.

Attachments

• P1030030.jpg
    P1030030.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030031.jpg
    P1030031.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030032.jpg
    P1030032.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030033.jpg
    P1030033.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Good info I will be watching.I wanted to do this to mine.trying something else first.

Dale

it turns out that my controllor showed up with no data loaded, but it had an easy solution, Caleb hooked me up with some data that they have had good luck with, i just had to add the exhaust brake settings, cant wait to get this thing back on the road, the air suspension is gettting really close just need to wire in the second compressor and fasten things down so there is no trouble down the road and i am going again:woohoo:

Last edited:
It alway's feels like a new truck when a person gets one back on the road after doing some mods to them.

Dale

took the truck out for it first run today, it actually surprised me how well it works, it made 35 psi pretty easily with no engine tuning and the trucks pulls good, this is by far better than the factory turbo....

here is what the file looks like. Fleece has done a really good job making this easy to use and understand.

Attachments

• turbo_file.jpg
    turbo_file.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • turbo_graph.jpg
    turbo_graph.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
the more i drive this truck now the more i love it, this turbo is badass on the 5.9 i have not had all that many turbos but this one has to be then best i have ever added and it sound really good, for what it cost and the features it has Fleece Performance has hit a home run in my book.