He431 max hp? And a few other questions

JoeCochrane83

Alright first off I have searched and read every thread I could find about the vgt turbos on a second gen. I have come across a good deal on a complete 431 set up all the plumbing and the fleece controller. Questions are what is the max hp these chargers can make with the 60mm wheel and tolerable egts. And what is the max boost it will handle with out over speeding or creating to much drive presure?

Truck is a 2002 ho 6 speed with a edge cts fass pump and will have the biggest injectors can run with this charger. Goal is to be 500 to 550 hp

Depends on your definition of tolerable egt's. I happen to think that if I stay under 1300* playing around I'm fine and if I smack 2000* on a race then I'm still fine.

That is my exact definition of egts I have a pyro so I know when to lift not so I can never get the needle past 1100. And I have a boost gauge so I can keep my head clamped down where it belongs not so I can watch it never break 40 psi.

Black sky racing on here did 425 on his 12v with sticks and a 3k kit. I have a 431 on mine with a fleece wheel we push about 45-50lbs if boost through it. I'm going to try and break 600 with supporting mods.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was hopping to here if I can break 500 with some big injectors and the stock wheel I'd be stoked. And if later I could upgrade to the 64 wheel throw some more fuel at it and make close to 6 than I wouldn't need to upgrade chargers down the road.

Where can I find more info on all of the turbos produced by holset? I know what sizes the 341 & 351 are but I always hear of different holset turbos but have yet to be able to find any info on them when searching on Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I found most my info on comp diesel search. The 431 and 451 both run a 60mm compessor wheel just like the 351. With exception of the very rare version that ran a 64mm wheel. But the 4 series has a larger exhaust housing wich helps with drive presure and keeps the turbo from over spooling.

160pump 4ks, comp cuts, 26*timing, 431with fleece wheel its has the 67 turbine wheel. I pull with it ans out runs good next year going to 5k and going to external wastegate it just to be safe

Haven't hit the rollers yet, hoping to here soon shooting for 6 tho

Back