HE451 on 6.7 - EGT's?

brucer

Wondering about putting an HE451 in place of my stock unit to bring my EGT's down. ...along with new manifold and downpipe...

Does anyone have one or know where I can expect my EGT's to be in the Wild or Hot settings of my H&S tuner? ...currently defuel all the time at 1700 degrees :(

How are you seeing temps that high? Where is your EGT tapped into? Im just curious because ive never seen more the 1300 at WOT throttle running the truck hard. Im just wondering if my EGT probe being in the EGR block off plate makes that big of a difference. I have my defuel set at 1400 though just for that reason in case the difference in temps is that much. Ive never hit my defuel on that.

How are you seeing temps that high? Where is your EGT tapped into? Im just curious because ive never seen more the 1300 at WOT throttle running the truck hard. Im just wondering if my EGT probe being in the EGR block off plate makes that big of a difference. I have my defuel set at 1400 though just for that reason in case the difference in temps is that much. Ive never hit my defuel on that.

Happens all the time without even trying. My pyrometer is tapped into the 'hot spot' which is the last part of the manifold where all the exhaust joins before going into the turbo. I drilled/tapped mine with the truck running, worked good.

I wonder if there is really that big of a difference in the temp reading. I was gonna drill and tap mine there because i didnt like the idea of it being near the last cylinder and not at the collection where all the heat would be. But i just never moved it. Laziness got me.

With it running that doesn't seem like a good idea at all. I put greaseon my bit and tap to keep shavings out, I understand the pressure should blow them out but still

the idea behind drilling while running, start with a small bit and work up every size until you get to desired. this way its all fine dust if any makes it in. blasting one hole with grease, when the grease drops into the manifold (it will) it can stick to a turbine blade. think really hot...instant stick...now you weighted one blade.

the 451 isnt a cheap option. diesel power products has 62/64/66 versions of a vgt thats drop in. though im going with a fleece kit and s400

I like the drilling idea while running, IMO if anything did fall in when I was drilling, one tiny little piece would easily pass through, without it running there could easy be a bunch of cr*p blown into the turbo all at once after you're done and start it up. my $.02

interested to hear the results of your fleece kit and s400 ktmracer21

Last edited: