Head Gasket Failure?

xDiesel03

Noticing a build up of coolant based sludge around the head and block on the passenger side. Also losing a little coolant - maybe a quart or so every month. Is my head gasket on its way out? Running 40psi boost and haven't touched the stock bolts.

Thanks,

Bill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
Ummm maybe try cleaning it off so you can get a good fresh look at it.

Cleaned it off real good when I installed the turbo last winter and thought it was the freeze plugs. I snugged them down after cleaning it off but still seeing deposits.

Clean it all really good again!! Then put a pressure tester on it. Hang out drink beer and wait to see where it's going.

Can you give me a good picture further out from the head?

Here is a picture farther away from the head.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
I'll have to second RDP. Clean it first . However it's looks like it's pushing coolant from the heater core hose. Those t blocks are garbage.

Ok - thanks guys. I'll clean it up and take a look at the heater core hose. That would be much more pleasant than a leaking head.

Only other thing that causes that mess is a bad radiator cap and the over flow hose leaking like a syve.

Ya it seems to be more of an oil leak than a coolant leak. I second the valvecover gasket and also that other piece under the valvecover, that has a gasket on it too.

Back