Head Gasket Leak?

azkcr

Alright, so I've had my truck for about a year now and can hear when the engine is making the slightest difference in sounds..
So the other night I'm driving around and I had to punch it around someone.. The RPM's got around 3,300 and when I let off and the engine goes back to idling (it's a standard) it made (and now makes) a whiny sound.... Like pressure is being relieved from something.. Is this a forwarning of a headgasket issue? It's never made this sound before...

Sounds more like turbo fart or a boot on borrowed time

meh.. ellaborate on boot on borrowed time please... and what I need to do about that.. it's only when i let off the gas.... I know what a turbo fart sounds like, sounds like the rush of air.. My truck is makng a whining sound... (not the whistle of the turbo.. lol.... im not THAT stupid.. i know my way around an engine)

meh.. ellaborate on boot on borrowed time please... and what I need to do about that.. it's only when i let off the gas.... I know what a turbo fart sounds like, sounds like the rush of air.. My truck is makng a whining sound... (not the whistle of the turbo.. lol.... im not THAT stupid.. i know my way around an engine)

Who said you were stupid?!?!?!?! You gave a description of a problem I answered with a possible place to check.The boot I was talking about is a cac boot that may be about to pop off but you probably already know that too.
Sorry to inconvenience you with my subpar reply

maybe its your degas bottle cap?

actually i think it is EXACTLY that.. i've had some probs with it spewing some coolant outta the cap when i push the truck hard enough..... :banghead: i didnt even think about it.. ill check later tonight and get back on and post my findings...
BUT i still need more ideas in case that isnt it..
THANKS

Who said you were stupid?!?!?!?! You gave a description of a problem I answered with a possible place to check.The boot I was talking about is a cac boot that may be about to pop off but you probably already know that too.
Sorry to inconvenience you with my subpar reply

subpar?? no dude.. i was saying that the sound i'm trying to portray isnt the sound of the turbo.... its hard to describe to ppl i talk to, much less on the internet!! lol!! No, I'm not a big enough douche to say something rude to ppl that are trying to help.. I apprechiate anything and everything! obviously i dont know much if I didn't know what boot you were speaking of... i was saying that i was not stupid.. lol
:kick:

Last edited:
It's probably the degas bottle building pressure and coming out of the cap. Makes like a whinning noise that grows louder with accerlation.

It's probably the degas bottle building pressure and coming out of the cap. Makes like a whinning noise that grows louder with accerlation.

I'm thinking that's what it was.. It wasn't tightened comletely... I checked it last night whilst filling up (from completely empty, and it now costs $106 instead of $175!!!!!! :rockwoot:)

my 6.0 made that whistle noise when i excelerated spewing coolent turned out the torq to yeald head bolts where letting loose this also happens when ur aftermarket head studs are not torqed correctley

my 6.0 made that whistle noise when i excelerated spewing coolent turned out the torq to yeald head bolts where letting loose this also happens when ur aftermarket head studs are not torqed correctley

ya.. I'm gunna throw some ARP studs in within the next couple months..

Back