Head gasket replacement with cab on with ARP's already in??

bambam-x

Ford denied replacing my head gaskets since the truck has studs in it. I know that the gaskets can be done with the cab on, but can the be done with ARP's already intalled and leaving the cab on?

yes buts a pita,dodnt really make a diff with the studs

So, with the cab on and the studs in place it can be done? I have all summer now to do the work, so time is not the issue. Don't have access to the funds to have some one else do it or a lift to pull the cab myself. Do you have to pull the studs out of the heads prior to removing the heads or do you have room to lift the heads off over the studs?

How much do the heads weigh?

Thanks

I think you will have to pull the studs out. And the heads weigh in around 75 lbs each I think.

You have to pull the heads with some of the back studs still in them. Some popsicle sticks and rubber bands come in handy for this. It is not that hard to rig something together to hold the cab up, and I can promise you it will turn out better when all is said and done.

The hard part of doing the cab-on headgasket job is getting to the rear bolts. Snap-on now makes a tool that makes it easier.