head gasket

skilletky

i love lamp
why run a modified 12 valve head gasket on a 24 valve? im about to install my oringed head on my 01, and was wondering if i should run the 12 valve gasket. i googled it and used the search function on here, and couldnt find anything.

If you are going with a std hdgskt then a 2nd gen 24v gasket is the same marine quality but the reason to go with a modified 12v marine hdgskt is to run a .010" or .020" over hdgskt.

thanks for the info. i guess one would just lay a 24v gasket on top of a 12v gasket and modify accordingly, or is there more to it?

Haven't got it done yet. Head is still at machine shop getting cleaned and decked. There is a place out in Indiana called HPD that I had o ring the head on my 12 valve. Was gonna use them again or use a closer, local shop that my buddy uses. Not sure of the name, but it's in in California KY.

would it hurt anything to run 115# springs on a daily driven 24v? or should i stick with 110's

kennys pulling parts in stanford is a good machinest and can definatly give you the ends and outs of what springs to run on a daily driver.

head is done getting decked. they took off .007. im planning on putting a cam in it this coming spring. probably the 188/210. will the .10 over gasket give me enough valve clearance? or should i go with the .20? the 188/210 says its a drop in, but ive heard of people getting valve slap with them, but i dont know the whole story. could be one of them deals where a buddy's buddy's truck had the head decked with .015 taken off with a stock gasket running 4500 rpms on stock springs, so now every cam is a piece of **** to them.