Head questions

I've got a 06 cummins pulled my head off this weekend needing to know what all I need to I to it. I know it needs resurfaced not sure what all I should do. Hoping you all could help !

aftermarket valve springs? what are you planning on doing with the truck? you could also thread and tap the coolant plugs

Well I've got a 66mm Borg Warner, 425 arp studs and will most likely upgrade my fuel. 90 horse injectors bigger imjection and lift pump . Just a daily driver

I would just have myne checked for flatness and cracks, no need to go overboard if your not gonna get crazy on the mods

The threaded soft plugs is cheap insurance and a must have when the power goes up later.

An excellent, cheap insurance must have here. These are money very well spent. Do a search for the carnage that has happened to a few folks that have had problems with these freeze plugs and the related disasters.

I'm having this problem right now , I keep pushing out the soft plug, looking into having machine shop tap it for a threaded plug and also plan to run a coolant. Bypass

I would just do a basic clean, test, and surface. You'll most likely pop the rear freeze plug before anything else, and probably won't even pop that with such a mild combo. If you're very abusive to it, then yeah maybe think about it.

I would say the most important part would be making sure the machine shop knows to keep the smooth surface that mls gaskets require. I've seen some places that weren't familiar with diesels put some nasty finishes on them, and it won't work well with the mls gasket.

Back