Head stud and transfer case questions

This went from a simple question to an argument really quick lol. Hx35 at 50 psi will blow a head gasket i had a buddy so it to his truck.
its just a discussion. we may never know who is right or wrong, but the forum is for discussing things like this
Drive pressure effects cylinder pressure!
What's gonna blow a headgasket quicker... Hx35 at 50psi or 62mm at 50psi?
yes i do agree that is effects cylinder pressure, but not on the compression stroke when there is the most pressure.
any pressure will change overall cylinder pressure. 100psi added to anything is a lot. Lets say cylinder pressure is 600psi at the moment after combustion (just a number, I don't know what it would actually be). You add another 100psi of boost or drive, thats another 16.6%. Plus whatever expansion takes places with that extra air and heat produced. Thats pretty significant to me.

The exhaust pressure is not in the cyclinder on the compression stroke. the majority of that pressure has already been released before the compression stroke happens. thats how it becomes drive pressure vs cylinder pressure. so you cant add that pressure when talking added pressure into the cylinder. i was wrong when i said you cant take into consideration boost and you made me see that :Cheer: im far from a math wiz, but if you are pushing 100 psi of boost, i am guessing that it is not adding 100 psi of pressure into the cylinder. we need a math wiz to figure out the volume of the of the cylinder and how much air actually flows past the valves while they are open. then you can figure out actually how much pressure is being charged into the cylinder.

Last edited:
Back