Head Work ??'s

AWCampbelll

I was lookin to run HRVP with my M4's, Super Stock 62 and Smarty. This is planned to be my last mod, my question is o-ring or fire ring for a daily driver?? The local shop does fire but most say o-ring for a daily driver what would be the problem if I went fire rings??
Thanks ,
Andrew

Just torque the head down really good... You dont need onion rings with a single and 4's

I am already able to hold 42 with just the HO would the HRVP push the HG past its limits??
Andrew

Some here on Comp.D tell me that they can run 50-55psi on just a retouque.
I have heard from others the samething and am just retorqueing mine.
It sure beats the $$ and head ache of o-rings.
Do you have studs?

The HRVP won't hurt your HG, it won't add any boost. As long as you don't hit 50 lbs you should be OK, but to be safe stay under 45 or less, your current 42 is just fine. If your worried just get some studs and replace the headbolts. You'll be fine then. And I talked to Keith at MCS tonight and they don't port/polish heads...Had one Extrude honed once, but that was a special case.

Thanks gents. I talked to MCS today and he gave me a price for fire ringing and a time frame for it. I might just get studs and go from there. I was just wonderin if the extra fuel on the fire would take me past my limit.
Thanks,
Andrew

I ran 40psi of boost for 2 years before adding studs with no issues what so ever. Either retorque the stockers or add studs but you definietly don't need to o-ring it.

Back