Headache Rack

66cummins

Texas Style Barbed Wire :bow:

brucesheadacherack006.jpg

Dang I want the fence around my house made out of that, about 4 strands a foot. Owta keep most things in or out depending.

It is nice looking fabrication.:Cheer:

I think that turned out pretty damn cool.

I'm not big on the barbed wire thing, but that was some amazing fab work. Very unique. I like it.

Speaking from experience: you may want to add a small triangle that goes from the side bars down to the flat iron on your bed.

When I built mine, it felt like it wanted to bend when I was really using it. I used some hellferstout materials, but it just wasn't as strong as I wanted. I added a small gusset on each side, about 1" is all. It was amazing the difference it made. I've actually winched an elk into the back of the truck by going over the top of it and pulling sideways.

You may never have a problem with it, but it is something you might consider.

thats pretty bad ass. my question is after all the time and material to make one, whats the rough total price?

thats pretty bad ass. my question is after all the time and material to make one, whats the rough total price?

To be honest with you, No clue...I know it would be one of the higher priced racks for sure, but no one else would have anything like it, if you are into one off builds. I'll have to post some more pics of the small rack that goes on top so you can haul lumber or steel.

i would be intrested in one but moneys tight and im not sure where out this way i'd be able to get someone to build me one. the only thing i would change is it would have to be able to have alot of LED's on it

The two lights going in are the led back-up lights...I'll post pics in a couple of weeks after powder coat...

Any idea if you'd make a 60" straight piece to sell and a rough price estimate?

Right now we can twist 6' lengths. Here are a couple of pics of the rack that goes on top so you can haul stuff without scratching up the powdercoat. The holes are for the aluminum tracking for tie downs.

newheadacherack002.jpg

newheadacherack007.jpg

newheadacherack008.jpg

newheadacherack020.jpg

I am a fan of barbed wire....and I love the fab work. I'd buy one (if i had the money LOL)