Headgasket?

SLangegger

Lots of white smoke at all RPM. Oil puddiling in the exhaust. Rough idle. Any way to confirm this is a headgasket?

2001 Cummins

No fuel PSI gauge on truck. I have one I will install.

My brothers truck. He added oil and spilled it everywhere before I got a chance to look at it.:doh:

hit the scrader valve on the pump and see what kind of flow you got. it should be almost a half gallon

bump the starter and push the valve in to see if your lift pump is working. if it is pull the valve out and do the flow test

Oil in the pipe sounds more like a turbo seal or a broken ring, pull the intake tube and downpipe from the turbo and take a look, bet you will have a leaking seal.

sounds like turbo seal!

if head gasket check the coolant and oil for contamination

Ian

Ian,

Oil and coolant both looked good.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have some tests to run.

Steve

Id say turbo seal then. Pull your innercooler boots and see if youre getting oil in them if you are its the turbo...

I had a couple buddies that put my stock turbo back on my truck a long time ago when I was working 2 jobs... they failed to unplug the return oil line and I fired it up... sure enough white smoke!, oil out the exaust and some oil getting into the Innercooler but thankfully it wasnt long enough to fill it with any amount.

:bang ironically one of em has a diesel show now

Ian,

There was a lot of oil on the intake side of the turbo. I am rebuilding the turbo.

Thanks
Steve

Back