heater core replacement

drop the steering column and tilt the dash down.it's not too bad.maybe an afternoon

Well I'm not sure if that's gonna fix my big problem but I'm pretty sure it's leakin cause i can smell coolant with the heater on. The big problem I'm havin is I think i'm gettin too much pressure built up in the cooling system and it's pushin coolant into the overflow jug and it's never done that before, I'm just not sure why.

HG shouldn't be a problem, it's got fire rings and studs, and i never drove it hard enough to do it i dont think

Replacing the heater core is not tooo bad, but it is a pain.. I recommend buying a good oem core from dodge.. I had to replace mine twice.. The first time I replaced it with a core I bought from rock auto, then it started leaking 5 months later.. I replaced it with a unit fom dodge.. Good luck..

Attachments

• Photo005.jpg
    Photo005.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo006.jpg
    Photo006.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25
  • Photo007.jpg
    Photo007.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 23
it is not that bad once you dig in. just be really carefull with the dash.they just love to crack!

Patience, patience, and some more. While it is out, the box that is, check all servos and doors for proper operation. First time probably 4,5 hours.