Heater Duct Control Problems??

Bruno2

I have a 2003 Ram 2500 with the Cummins motor. My duct work on the heater A/C wont switch. It is hung up on the vent setting. Do these work off of vacuum or is it electric? Is there a common failure with these or could it be anything? The switch seems like it may be worn out , but , I cant tell for sure. The detent settings just dont seem to be as positive or crisp as I think they should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

There is a TSB on the blend door breaking. Don't know the TSB # off the top of my head, I'll see if I can find it.

My wife's 03 is broken too.

Thanks Kevin. If you can find the Tech Service Bulletin # I would be grateful.

Last edited:
interesting I know I have a bad door somewhere on mine. I thought I had to pull the dash but it doesnt appear so. My truck when the AC is on it acts like its frosting the evaporator up. Im guessing its the recirc door but i'll have to check it out.

The foot/face door is the hardest. It's behind the center of the dash. You either have to pull the dash or hack it all up to get to it.

everything on mine works fine except on a hot day and you have the AC on it acts like it wants to frost up the evaporator. It will blow fine then after a while it has no air coming out and the blower is working just no air. If you put the temperature in the middle it will start blowing cold air out again. Im not sure which one would control this

I looked at heatertreaters website he has some nice info. Lools like the blend doors on mine need replaced. I wasnt looking forward to hacking up my heater box but I guess its better the pulling the dash out.