Heater Grid Delete

sixspeed

Chasing the dream
I am deleteing the heater grid. I have removed the leads from the heater itself. If I remove the leads from the battery and the relays, what might happen? Codes?

yes but u wont get a check engine light.i saw on Cummins Forum once before that u can wire some resistors in and kill the codes but i havnt on mine yet

You mean I will get codes? But no CE light. What If I just remove all the wiring?

I removed mine and just taped up the wires for a while with no problems, now I have removed a battery and and all of the relays and am still having no issues

Just remove the hot side(all of it) and youll be fine, leave the solenoid hooked up with the two small factory wires but remove the larger guage hot that goes to the passenger battery(with the fused link)

Now, for the CEL, you WILL get one if the temps are cold enough and you leave the key in the wait to start position for too long. If you turn the key and start it youll never get a light, but if you do the normal cold weather, turn key and wait for the light to go out you will get a check engine light(might not happen the first time, but it will pop it) and will go out after 5 or so starts if you make it go off.(or clear the code with a smarty)

With a heater grid delete.......how cold of temps are guys starting their trucks with?

Mine will start down to 0* at least, just bucks, snorts, and makes and awful crack for a bit until the cyls warm up. I went through one winter without them and never had to use ether. That being said, I now have a set of grids and put them back in for the winter. Its not like you need all out performance when the roads are most likely not going to support it for 3-4 months.

I am deleteing the heater grid. I have removed the leads from the heater itself. If I remove the leads from the battery and the relays, what might happen? Codes?

I removed the wires from the heater grid but left the solenoid connected to the battery. The truck still acts like the heater grid is there so I'm not getting any codes.

Saw 25 degrees in Southern Texas the other night and it didn't skip a beat. Idled for about a minute or two then idled up to 1000 rpm just like normal.:woohoo: