Heavy Duty Engine Stand

Big Smoky

Former 35er Electrician!
Do any of yall have an engine stand that can hold a cummins without a problem? If so, where did you get it? I know just a run of the mill stand isn't going to cut it for these engines, and I don't know where to get a strong stand from. Thanks

I have one that was made by a buddy. I will take pictures of it when I get home. There are a few things I would change but it will hold a complete Cummins with fluids and you can still roll it around with two people.

I picked up a 2000lb one from harbor freight. It held the shortblock fine, but I am a little leary of sticking a head and charger on it, without supporting the front some.

Get the OTC gear driven rotating stand. Sure makes it easy to spin that motor around. Dont mind the $6000 price tag :hehe:

Seriously though I have hung these engines from some of the cheapest stands you can buy and they held. Not the easiest to turn but they get the job done.

Here is the one we have. We are just about to build another round of them. I'll come up with a price complete if your interested.

Attachments

• P8191606.jpg
    P8191606.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Twins3001.jpg
    Twins3001.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 68
Summit Racing. 2,000 lb, inexpensive and holds a complete cummins like a champ.