heavy duty steering parts???

BIG JUICE

has anyone upgraded the steering parts on their trucks? I need to upgraded the front end stuff. I have donahoe crossover steering with moog parts on the truck now they have lasted less than a year. I tried a search and all I seem to find is bulletproof steering which didn't return an email so how's that for customer service? lol

I think some heavy duty heims might last longer than the relacement stuff being that I have 40" toyos on here and didn't even get a year outta this stuff. I need the tie rod, steering link, and the trac bar. It's close to $600 for all that stuff on the bullet proof steering website. seems kinda high. any other options out there? what are yall runnin?

I'm kinda in the same boat you are. I'm running 10.5" lift (Rize Industries) and 38" tires. I've thought about making my own links out of DOM tubing, and big heim joints, but on the other hand, Moog parts are all lifetime warranty. Buy them once, and just swap everything out each year or as needed. You should be able to find a parts store locally that sells Moog stuff and be able to exchange worn out Moog parts. Just don't pull up in your truck right in front of their windows.:hehe: Go to fordtruckworld.com and try to get a hold of Bigreen on there in the superduty forum. He has his own 4x4 shop in Florida, but is also a wealth of knowledge with big lifts and steering components.

Jesse is a sponsor here too and he is in Lakeland, he specializes in suspensions. Farmboy Boy Fabrication

contact thuren i know he only does mostly dodge parts but he might be able to help you out he makes some beefy products. i have a steering link setup on the way.
.: THUREN FABRICATION :.

sent him an email like 2 weeks ago. still aint heard back.....

:what: I have not received any email...only the PM's back and forth on here about gears. Try again at admin@farmboyfabrications.com :Cheer:

Oh, and we can definitely do heims if you would like. I prefer Chevy 1ton drag link ends for the Florida climate, but we could easily do 7/8"x7/8" Chromoly heims, with misalignment spacers to step down to a 3/4" fine thread bolt. Thats what I usually use on 1-ton trucks that want heims.

If you are wearing out items on the drag link a lot, look into hydraulic assist steering. Not only will it make turning easier, but when mounted on the tie rod, it relieves a great deal of stress on the drag link. Two less joints to worry about wearing out.

Thanks for the heads up email Josh, and the recommendations from you guys.

- Jesse
239.337.LIFT

Jesse, I will send you another email with the pics of my set up. Thanks for the reply. Why do you prefer the drag link ends to heims? Will all this rain and water ruin the rod ends fast? I was lookin at the bulletproofsteering.com website and they are talking up their stage 2 ends to last a very long time. What is your opinion on them? I would like to do ram assist but I think that is outta my budget for now, as work is really slow! please pm me some prices and options for my set up and the ram assist stuff

Back