Hello All From a Prospective TurboDiesel Truck Owner

bhsmaxe

I Drive the "MAXMOBILE"
Hello all,

My name is Max. i am in the US Navy. i Currently own a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd 4.8L V-8. In about a months time, i will return from the deployment i am currently on. At that time, i plan on purchasing a Truck. :woohoo: My only requirements are this: Extended cab, 4 door, 4x4, Turbo diesel. preferably lifted with aftermarket wheels and tired installed. I am open to suggestions, as i have not yet decided on the most important decision: Dodge, Chevy (GMC), or Ford. All have very nice trucks that last. I plan on modifying the truck in the future as funds become available. Modifications might include: turbo, fuel system, Performance chip, transmission, drive train. (I realize that this is a large portion of the whole truck, but bear with me). I also plan on buying the truck USED. I plan to use the truck mainly for fun, which includes driving around town, occasional road trips, and if i am in the mood, light 4x4ing. No deep mud that might mess up the vehicle.

The reason i am getting rid of my 2004 GMC is, besides the fact that is is about to hit 80k miles, i am getting far less then par gas mileage. ranging from 14-17. the way i drive, i noticed does not affect the gas milage. all the fluids are changed. I think it is time to move up in size from a standard size truck to one that is bigger, has more room for improvment, and (i might sound immature, but) more badass.

I welcome any and all inputs, suggestions, warnings (about bad truck years/models), and just anything that will help me decide what make, and model of truck i want. Also, i am going to try and stay away from dually's, as they are too wide for the road that i frequently drive on.

Much thanks,
Max

Welcome to CompD. Best of luck in your quest for a turbo diesel truck. There's lots of info here to help you. Lots of opinions, too. :hehe:

You will never sound immature for saying "more badass" on CompetitionDiesel.

I am a Dodge/Cummins kind of guy. There is nothing like the tq and the sound, I guess they are pretty quick too. But as far as the Chevs and Fords go they both have their strong points. Just do some research on all the brands and decide from there.

I dont mean to be disrespectful, but i am looking towards a newer truck, from 2005+. Otherwise, i have been pondering a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Cummins Diesel 4x4 it is very nice, and i am going to get more information about it. my girlfriend doesnt know what she was talking about when i was talking to her yesterday and said " Dont get a dodge, only a**holes drive dodges" i was surprised at her saying that. course she is more of a chevy girl. (no offense intended whatsoever towards dodge drivers or enthusiasts, just quoting a woman that owns a toyota car)

you shoulda slapped her across the mouth

05+ Cummins run great :)
I'm not saying she was right Forrest, but I sure ain't saying she's wrong.

Look at yourself. And me. And Jory. And Tyler. And most of the rest of the Dodge guys here:hehe::hehe:

Back