hello All

clearock

I was looking 4 some parts I need for my build and it brought me to u all. I am working on building an 06 F450 into an expedition style vehicle. Doing the 12v to 5r110 (still looking 4 a destroked adapter plate). I'll be working on changing from dually to singles soon, so any advice as to options (need to keep a high load rated tires so my custom RV living space that I still need to build wont overload my singles and still handle the trials). Basically, I am trying to build an RV that's small enough that it can still handle moderate 4x4 trails, I can live in for long periods of time (6mo+), get ok mpg, while maintaining the truck feel, and not brake the bank by buying one of the 300k rigs (not that I even could)... A few months ago I decide I had better start putting my money where my mouth is, so I bought the truck and here I am... And suggestions and/or ideas r appreciated

Welcome!

Also look at Pirate 4x4. They have some similar builds that guys have done already

Welcome!

I recommend Expedition Portal over Pirate. More expo people over there.

And also use a dodge trans. Mildly built with a single disk converter and valve body would be cheaper than a adapter plate and less headaches than tuning a 5R.