Hello from Central Iowa, The Capital City to be Exact.

IACumminsTBD

23 year old guy from Iowa here with 2003 Dodge 2500 CR work in progress aswell as a daily driver and tow vehicle. Would like to meet anyone around to work on trucks or talk auto. Anyway hello all.:Cheer::rockwoot:

I live outside of DSM and work @ KW. If you're going to be around town next weekend we will be out at GoodGuys.

Yeah I should be I might stop buy. I was supposed to have a horse show but im thinkin that wont pan out lol. Been to wet to practice. So instead have been itchin to work on or race something but all my projects seem to have a ways to go and cant really mess with the ddriver to much lol.

Hey just took a look at your build page and what not and if you don't mind since im just kinda getting into this by myself, (not to many people around Des Moines that I know into cars or diesels and racing and stuff) if its alright with you I might ask you a bunch of questions since you seem pretty knowledgeable about it. If thats ok with you I would sure appriciate it. Keep me posted on the good guys show. Also my name is Garth.

party-on-wayne-friday-snacked-blog-post.jpg

Hey just took a look at your build page and what not and if you don't mind since im just kinda getting into this by myself, (not to many people around Des Moines that I know into cars or diesels and racing and stuff) if its alright with you I might ask you a bunch of questions since you seem pretty knowledgeable about it. If thats ok with you I would sure appriciate it. Keep me posted on the good guys show. Also my name is Garth.

That's fine Garth, and there are more diesel junkies around than one would think.

Question for ya Bowtied, Looking at your build thread how did you do your Coolant bypass, is it worth it hard or expensive to do and how long does it usually take. Mine would be for my truck obviously so for a 2003 CR. Just curious. Thanks Again.

With the engine in the truck its not the easiest but can be done. There are kits available but we use Jesse's billet rear freeze plug and then tie back into the cooling system. So it can be expensive if you buy a kit or sometimes you can go cheaper by piecing what works for you locally.

whats the gain on it. From what I understand its for higher rpms and trucks that seem to build a lot of pressure there and blow out the rear freeze plug but am I not understanding it fully?

It is, but common rails have a tendancy to pop the rear freeze plug out. Happened twice on my brothers 05 when it was under warranty. It mainly allows coolant another avenue out of the block to alleviate pressure build up.

The rear billet plug with the bypass port is a pain to install. Small arms help

If your on facebook look up Iowa Diesel Crew quiet a few guys in the area

Alright Great. Thanks a bunch guys and thanks for the welcome. Also if i was to build a coolant bypass kit what psi pressure relief valve do you think i would need? Coucil Bluffs I do get up by your area quite a bit actually as I work my grandparents farm around Minden IA which is by Neola if your familar with that.

I don't remember what pressure mine is? I could take a look later tho.

Well next time your around message me, go somewhere talk trucks and drink!

Back