Hello, Help!

Bobby C

Hey guys my 05 3500 cummins is having an idle problem. When I stop in drive or reverse its idling high around 750, and I have to really hold back on the brakes. I've changed the a.p.p.s, m.a.s and ambient air temp sensors. It's throwing codes 0073,0107. But these only happened after I forgot to replug m.a.s sensor after Cleaning it. If I try to burn the tires in drive the pedal goes dead but never stalls. Also it drives pretty much great aside from the problem while stopped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Bobby

right 750 is normal. So not sure what to say. Any other symptoms? Is it just rough idle, or no power, or just pushing you? Maybe torque converter problem...?
And a 05 with APPS????? Wierd

Last edited:
From what I've read 750 is a normal idle in park or neutral should drop to 625 or so when stopped in gear. At 750 it really wants to pull through the brakes. Once I speed up it's normal. I have an edge juice with a2 (installed 100000 miles ago) k&n air filter. Dual cat back exhaust. The apps is on the accelerator pedal in 05's. Changed it didn't help. The TC most likely would show some other wear right? It shifts up abd down perfectly in all speeds. One other symptom is when it's idling high in drive, as I shift it to neutral or park it spikes to 1500rpm or so for just a split second then idles normally. Thanks

Also I've disconnected the juice module when the problems started didn't change symptoms at all.

Well i have a manual so not super up to speed on issues with auto trans. Maybe tc lockup solinoid? Sounds tranny related to me.$.02

Thanks for that possibility. Is the TC solenoid accessible or is it inside the tranny?

Normal idle is always 750 either if you put it in gear or out.

Might possibly be a TC issue, idk.

Back