hello

Dude2420

Hello I have a 1983 Chevy quad cab long bed with a worn out 383 stroker th400 and a gear vendor. Iv got a 95 cummins and sense the 383 needs to be rebuilt I figured that now would be a good time to put the 5.9 in. Would love any help on making this a easy as possible. Im looking at getting the motor mounts from destroked and the adapter plate and flywheel from PATC. Is the th400 and the gear vendior going to hold up to a mild built 5.9. Thanks for any help.

gear vendor yes, th400....ehhhhh maybe with a build, no stock auto is really good at holding cummins torque unless its built.

well i have a friend that is looking to sell his Pact th400 raptor.I think it is the stage 2. That should hold up. I cant afford an Alison or even a 4L80 and the computer.

6 Pack Diesel do you know what kind of modification you need to do to the transmission support for the 47RH. What is the problem with the th400. I used one in my 1972 Chevy C10 with a heavily build 427 and it did very well (No the th400 was not stock). Thanks for the advice i will look into it. One more thing 6 Pack What type of truck do you have.

6 Pack Diesel do you know what kind of modification you need to do to the transmission support for the 47RH. What is the problem with the th400. I used one in my 1972 Chevy C10 with a heavily build 427 and it did very well (No the th400 was not stock). Thanks for the advice i will look into it. One more thing 6 Pack What type of truck do you have.

torque

And how much power was the 427 putting out?

The 427 was around 800 hp and a little over 700 ft lb tq. The th400 did very well. started the project with a 700r4 but toasted it twice and talked to my local transmission dude and he built me a nice th400 that lasted until I sold the truck. The dude passed away two years ago or I would be out talking to him. So If The transmission could hold up to that wouldn't it hold up to a diesel or is a diesel more violent to the transmission. Thanks for all of the help.

Back