Help!! Cant put truck in gear!!

Up In Smoke06

Diesel Freak
This morning got off work and it snowed over night and the roads were pretty slick so i put my truck in 4wd. Few mins later i came to a stop as i was puttin it into 3rd gear i noticed it felt different when i shifted into gear like it didnt have any pressure in the gear shift when i got home and pulled in the drive i couldnt move absolutely no pressure in the gear shift like i could move it all the way down to the seat. I couldnt put it in gear at all. Ive got a sbc 3600 dd, ive had for over 3 years i checked the resevoir under the hood and it was full, ive got plenty of clutch pedal pressure. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not leaking anything right? I'd pull the shifter and see what is going on in there if no one else chimes in. It sounds like something broke by your description. Before you do that see what happens with the truck off. It should shift into all the gears smoothly while not running. Mike at Lazer Smith is a good resource if you don't get it sorted out by Monday.

One of two things it sounds like to me.

1) the shift ball is broke in the tower. This will act real sloppy like it's not grabbing anything.

2) the roll pin that attaches the shifter cup to the main crab fork assembly has broke.

Disassemble the shift tower and you will be able to see all of what I'm talking about.

Back