Help!! Fuel Problem

BLACK OUT

The last couple days I've thought that my truck kinda felt notchy while driving but then last night when I took it out it felt like it was lacking a little power. Then one time I hammered down and my truck went first, second, and then when it hit third gear I got to about 2000 RPM and it felt like it was backing out some but then at 2500 it was it started cutting in and out. Like it would jump 500 RPM then drop and gain it again. It did this about five times then went threw the rest of the gears fine. After that I parked my truck for awhile and then took it back out and it was running fine :bang I'm planning on getting my fuel pressure checked monday and my lift pump but is there anything else that could cause this? Maybe just the fuel filter or a sensor anything? I'm in need of some serious help here!!! :banghead:

Sounds to me like a fuel pressure problem for sure. If mine loses fuel pressure it will fall on its face and die.

I had the same kind of prob and it was my lift pump that was dead. check for fuel press drop.

Pull the filter and check it for sure. Meantime, get a fp gauge.
...The only difference the FASS made for me was on my FP gauge. I don't feel any more power, response etc...@ WOT it stays above 13psi.

BLACK OUT said:
No its a stock 99 Cummins. Would a Fass fix my problem?
A fass would only fix it if your stock lp was dead. Better check that fp right away, because if you aint got any you will be replacing the vp with the lp pump before too long.

clogged filter. clogged screen in the tank.pinched line. weak lp. heavy foot.