Help launching 6 speed

O i see I didn't even think of that. What boot and where at? To the intercooler?

there are 4 possible boots two from turbo to inter cooler and there are two from the inter cooler to the intake horn. either it blew off or could have busted it (little hard to find a bust or tear) if you search on here and find the instructions to build a boost leak tester it will probably lead you to the leak in seconds.

Yea sounds like a boot check all 4, check the underside for rips in them as well, and if you have a plastic intercooler look into that. Probably be a good thing to pull your boots off and inspect them then place them back on and retighten. and buy some better boots as well. like luchese's :hehe:

Have fun running with a Spartan 310. Not yet out.

O I've heard all about this 310 HP tune crap and I wouldn't be scared to race one with my setup now much less here in a couple months when I have my twins. Bring it on

As for the leaking boots...would that cause a sound like rattling chains from the engine compartment and or make the engine sound like it bogging down such as when I floor it in low rpms to make it black smoke and cause it to have no power and not go over 55MPH?

310 spartan will probably take you depending on how his truck is set up.

310 has enough fuel to put a truck in the high 12's if I am not mistaken on fuel alone.

and at one point no matter what with the 6 speed you start playing a expensive game of catch up to the autos. :bang

but nice runs 13.6 on a stick is good. if your consistent thats even better $.02

As usual when I break stuff its gotta be the worst of the worst and the most expensive. Just got back from talking to my mechanic and I definitely blew the whole plastic end off my intercooler on the passenger side. So now I need ya'lls help finding a good deal on an aftermarket intercooler. I believe banks makes the cheapest ones but I'm interested in the other ones too. If any of ya'll know where I can get one for a good price please let me know.

Happened to me as well, that's why you see the bank's in my sig. It was the least inexpensive upgrade I could find and it came with the horn so WTH. At the time I couldn't see getting a stock all aluminum cooler for IIRC 600 or so. I've seen them for cheaper since......of course.

What HP tune was your brother running from Spartan?

Nice time for the first time out! I just read this whole thing and I didn't think you would launch worth a crap without ever even trying 4x4 before. Looks like you did dang good. Even though you're a Dodge... :D

What HP tune was your brother running from Spartan?

Nice time for the first time out! I just read this whole thing and I didn't think you would launch worth a crap without ever even trying 4x4 before. Looks like you did dang good. Even though you're a Dodge... :D

He's running the 275HP tune on his spartan and was launching in 4 wheel drive. The best time he got the other night wa 14.01

Yea your truck def has better times in it. I run a 13.5 @ 101.5 with just the mods in my sig. That was with a 2nd gear 20psi launch. Ive played around with a 3rd gear 20psi launch afterwards and its much quicker.

hay let me know when ya'll go again. i'd sure like to outrun a ford that's 12 years newer than mine!!:hehe:

dang, i wish there were this many diesels runnin at san antonio raceway where i run mine!!!! your dodge would out run my truck, but then again i do have the stock turbo and everything.. haha. 14's with my stock garrett ain't too bad though. LoL. thats a good run you made on the nv5600. you might look into the spearco intercoolers. i have heard that they bring the EGT's down a couple hundred degrees so they should be pretty good, but i'm sure they are rather priceyyyy....

naw man i'm from tulia. got the white dodge with stacks, brother has gmc with stacks. best i ran a year ago was 13.6, few more upgrades since. twins next

Back