Help! Loosing prime?

Ludgate124

Just got my 02 12 valve put together and if I let the truck sit for a few hours and go to start it I have to crank for 30-60 second before it will start

After it is running it will start right up again

Truck has new 215 from FDS
New 5x.018 injectors from haley
New ofv060
All new fuel lines

No visible leaks thanks

Sounds like an air leak to me! Park the truck facing down a hill and try it again. If it starts, then you got an air leak somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume an electric lift pump since your running an 060ofv. If not thats your problem. I had the t-tech ofv with just a bleed hole and an airdog, went back to the stock mech pump when the AD failed and had to go back to a stock type ofv with the spring and check valve or it would loose prime after it sat.

Are you farmiliar with modified p-pumps? Every one I have been in with governor springs you have to give it a little throttle to get them running.

Are you farmiliar with modified p-pumps? Every one I have been in with governor springs you have to give it a little throttle to get them running.

The haisley 5ks when set up correctly crank with a bump of the key like stock.

The haisley 5ks when set up correctly crank with a bump of the key like stock.

Yes! I love the way my pump runs with those springs. Bump starts are amazingly satisfying on a heavily modified 12 valve!

Also in the first post he mentioned the 215 was built by FDS which I'm assuming means Farrel Diesel Service. So the pump is probably not the culprit. X2 on the overflow valve. That is the easiest place to check first. Then check lift pump, lines, delete the fuel heater if it has one. Make sure the fuel vent is functioning etc.