Help me choose my paint finish! flat/semi gloss/gloss?

blacknd

Can't buy it? Build it!
So I've painted a lot of my projects gloss black in the past,it never goes out of stye,is easy to spot paint or repair, but I'm not sure if I want to go that way. I use my rigs hard which means lots of off roadin and brushy trails...and I get tired of all the maint.When I first got the truck it was two differnt colors, and knowing I would be doing the 4 door bronc conversion and repainting it I bought the cheapest flat black rattle can paint I could find and sprayed away. Much to my surprise was I liked it! all the complements on it. I think it looks kinda cool?with all the crome removed or blacked out. So back to the new paint, what do you guys think? Repaint it gloss black/flat black or a semi gloss/satin finish? . Going to be shaving the door handles and incorperating the 08 super duty fender vents along with runing the fiberglass prerunner front fenders and rear quarters just haven't decided which ones yet. Let me know what you think. Blacknd.

Last edited:
On street rods in a driver stage I really like the seude look. In Hot Rod a few months back they had a segment on just that. Semi gloos/flat style paint jobs. You might check it out.

Well I thought I would get a lot more responses out of this thread????and I'm still on the fence! Thanks for your 2cents and for the info. I will check out that issue of Hot rod....Come on guys give your opinions!