help me teach my friend

mattymx

SoCAPS Officer
My friend has a 1997 3500 Cummins. The guy he bought it from said there was no way to mod it because it does not have a computer. I had to laugh at that because we all know that the Gen2 12V is the one to mod... He needs to learn about the details of how to upgrade performance. Since I am a Ford guy and know just a little about the mighty 5.9, I thought I would ask here. In what order should he mod? He has a lot of experience with gassers, but as well all know very little translates into the diesel world. Thanks guys...

Matty

He can do a few simple pump mods and pick up the performance a good bit... How savy is he with a wrench?

first I would go with a set of guages then air and fuel mods

Timbeaux38 said:
He can do a few simple pump mods and pick up the performance a good bit... How savy is he with a wrench?

Better yet- how savy is he with a computer?? You can recommend the site and get a referral for him joining with this madness:poke: :poke:

He is pretty good with a wrench, but just needs to know what and where to wrench. I told him he needs gauges and he is OK there. Where is the fuel screw and how much do you turn it in? And as far as me getting a referal, he does not have a PC. Dont ask me how he gets by with out one. It beats TFOM.... I have another friend that runs the same truck as him and he has done some mods to it, but he is one of those guys that adds up the HP of all the parts claimed ratings. I prefer not to go that way. Anyone have a pic of the fuel screw???

the question isnt "how far can i go" its why isnt there more?:hehe: