Help me understand this Revo-TNT

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
On the timing options you have 4 levels to chose from 0-default 1-stock and 2-4 for aftermarket injectors/nitrous. It states that 3 and four have less advance than the number selection prior. So do levels 2-4 actualy retard timing from stock? Torque management? Is it just me or does this make the truck short shift like crazy? Ill be in third gear before 20 miles an hour under light throttle. Thats even with the shift master turned up. Thanks.

The timing is advanced in every setting unless it's stock or on a even numbered tune using the default setting. So in short none are retarded under stock only advance just less degrees for more tuning options. Also for torque management cant help ya there mines a manual so I dunno abt shift charactoristics.

stock is 12*
#2 is 21*
#3 is 16*
#4 is 18* i think that is how it is anyway.

:hehe: They spose to be a secret? I'm interested too since my 03 clatters and knocks no matter how little timing you put to it.

So if I enter 1 into my options it will use stock timing for all SW's odd and even?

Ok. So now are odd and even numbers now producing the same power? Like 9&8, 7&6. If that's the case I now only have 4 power levels.

In theory yes. But when I ran 6 and then I switched to 7 with no timing it felt stronger to me? It could just be my brain tellin me it feels like it :hehe: never dynoed with the Smarty to play with tunes.

who gave you those numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Thanks Lee LMFAO

how about an accurite break down of the timing then?

If I wrong then what are they? but i fairly sure you gave those numbers out on a different forum.

Well I ran #2 timing for a bit and it clattered like crazy. And I agree with you Red Rattler, with default timing it seems the tunes with no timing pull harder.

#2 is 21* thats why it chatters soo much. 21 i also believe is the default time.
You guys think that the truck pulls harder with factory timing?
I'll have to try it sometime.