Help!!!!!! Oil In Radiator For Third Time!!!!!!

oldsmokey97

OK!!!! I AM PISSED AND OUT OF OPTIONS!!!!!
Over the last 2 weeks, I have been through TWO new oil coolers!!! Got a BRAND NEW o-ringed head, and studded and I HAVE ALL OF THE OIL IN THE RADIATOR AGAIN.

i ran it this weekend and it seemed to be good but i looked at it this morning again and there was NO oil on the dipstick and it was all in the radiator again.

It something messed up with the block somewhere or what?????

All i know is I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!!!

I dont know the past history of this truck because i just got it this summer.

WHAT THE HELLL SHOULD I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Hate to hear about your problems man. that sucks. I'm guessing it is something in the block, but it is odd that there is no oil on the dipstick. it usually goes both ways.

oldsmokey97 said:
OK!!!! I AM PISSED AND OUT OF OPTIONS!!!!!
Over the last 2 weeks, I have been through TWO new oil coolers!!! Got a BRAND NEW o-ringed head, and studded and I HAVE ALL OF THE OIL IN THE RADIATOR AGAIN.

i ran it this weekend and it seemed to be good but i looked at it this morning again and there was NO oil on the dipstick and it was all in the radiator again.

It something messed up with the block somewhere or what?????

All i know is I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!!!

I dont know the past history of this truck because i just got it this summer.

WHAT THE HELLL SHOULD I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

NO oil on the dipstick?

If that's the case than your coolant system should have been puking all over.
3 gal extra in there is gonna push out somewhere unless you have a cracked head.
Is it smoking allot? Blue smoke?
Did you have the block decked when you did the head? I hope they pressure checked the head when they cut the grooves in.
If all that turns out good than you must have a nasty head gasket issue.
Maybe try flushing the system again and just run the oil lines to each other bypassing the cooler for a few miles to see if it's the cooler again.

You obviously have some experience with this so I mean nothing disrespectful, who and how was the block/ rad cleaned out the last two times?
HOT HOT HOT water and some cleaner is going to need to be used to get it all clean and I'm not 100% sure your gonna ever get it all out.
I watched my grandfather flush a block for a good 3 hrs with hot water from a boiler and high pressure air and he was still getting oil out, not much but still coming out.
The rad will be no different.

Sorry to hear about this. Problems suck especially when you have already "fixed it" a couple times.

dan

Last edited:
the head was brand new so i really dont think it is that.

yes there was crap puking out all over the dang place. Huge puddle on the ground this morning when i went outside (it was dark when i got home last night)

NEW RADIATOR

NO white smoke at all

I am going to send of the new oil cooler tomorrow and get it pressure checked at the local radiator shop.

125 ftlbs

3-4 good heat cycles in between retorques and i used the cummins torque sequence.

I had mine fire ringged and its went though 4 head gaskets.

I had the head resurfaced and I torqued the head studs everymorning, and it went 700 miles first time, 10 mile second, 501 miles third time and 400 this last time. and all but the 10 mile time it blow oil into the radiator. Not sure what it is so it is at schied shop now waiting to be check for what is wrong. They think block is out and that is probably what is wrong on yours.

that is exactly what i was thinking too.

i have actually started look for a block or a motor somewhere.