help please!

taterbob01

after a long weekend of installing a new head gasket with studs i have one huge problem..it freakin leaks coolant between the head and the block on the exhause side, maybe a 1/2 long and is dripping consistantly! head was surfaced and o-ringed, new gasket everything lined up perfect, studs torqued to spec in order..what gives?! im so lost at this point...some one please help!

not sure i can find out tomorrow though, and its a .20 over gasket if that makes a difference

Torque the studs to 150 do it once a week until they don't move anymore.

Are you sure the gasket stayed in the alignment dowels when you set the head on? Are you sure you didn't scratch it when you set the head on? No o-rings fell out on the way down? Did you put the 6 long studs all on the exhaust side? O ring protrusion is important as well. Always look back over the little stupid stuff first. It usually saves you alot of time versus over thinking things.$.02

I did a head gasket on a 2001 that was brand new and just installed by the owner but leaked coolant. This leak was on the front corner on the intake side. It ended up being the incorrect gasket. There was a small area between coolant ports that did not have enough material to seal. I dont remember any specific part numbers, as this was at the 2006 diesel power challenge and Dennis from TS ordered the parts. Just a thought.