Help Please !!!!!!

fsd200250

I have a 2000 dodge ctd 3500 5 speed. Usually if the truck sits for a couple of days it wont crank and if you bump the starter the lift pump never comes on.But if you keep trying the lift pump will eventually start working and a few more tries and the truck will crank but feels like it doesnt have much power while driving and it had some other codes.they are......

P0113
Intake Air Temperature Sensor Voltage High

P0118
ECT Sensor Voltage Too High

P0222
Idle Validation Signals Both Low

P0238
MAP Sensor Voltage Too High

Those codes come right back after you clear them and turn the key back on.If you drive it when it did crank it would also give you....

P0336
Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal

can someone please help me im trying to sell the truck and have a buyer if i can get it fixed.I dont know much about dodges so any input would be usefull

oh yeah and I started it this morning and tried again this afternoon and it wouldnt crank so i think the problem has gotten worse.Sorry for the long post.thanks

It won't crank as in it just clicks when you try to start it or like it don't do a thing?
I'm sure the lift pump is bad,cause they always are,and what BgBlDodge said.

The motor spins over fine but it just wont crank.the lift pump works if you put power to it.For some reason sometimes when you turn the key on or bump the starter the lift pump doesnt come on or get power.
I guess ill go ahead and order the crank sensor and see if that helps.
Thanks

I replaced the batteries yesterday and the truck will crank now but still no power.And i put a new crank shaft sensor in it today and still no power.
does anybody know what it could possible be please help.

The motor spins over fine but it just wont crank.the lift pump works if you put power to it.For some reason sometimes when you turn the key on or bump the starter the lift pump doesnt come on or get power.
I guess ill go ahead and order the crank sensor and see if that helps.
Thanks

Are you meaning the truck wont fire?? Cranking means that motor is turning over, it just won't start.

yeah thats what i meant,but i put new batteries in it and now it starts and runs it just doesnt have near the power it did before it had all these problems. and i replaced the crankshaft sensor today and it didnt help at all.and im still getting these codes
P0113
Intake Air Temperature Sensor Voltage High

P0118
ECT Sensor Voltage Too High

P0222
Idle Validation Signals Both Low

P0238
MAP Sensor Voltage Too High

All the problems started when i took the programmer off and then i parked it for about two weeks.Then it wouldnt run the motor would turn over it just wouldnt fire.I didnt do anything to fix it i just put new batteries in it and now the lift pump comes on when you bump the starter where it wouldnt before i replaced the batteries and now it will run.but now the check engine light came on and it has no power.If let it sit for a couple of days it will crank over just not fire and if you just keep trying it usually will finally fire up.

Last edited:
Try cleaning the grounds, make sure all the battery terminals are clean.
These trucks can do goofy things if they don't have good power and ground.