Help Truck Wont Start!

grncummins

cruising along at 40mph and truck just shuts off no spitting or sputtering that could be heard it just plain shut off. it wont restart now either whether hot or cold. fuel filters are good and its full of oil. Im a dodge guy so i know nothing about a 6.0 need help please.:Cheer: and its a 05

i had a 99 powerstroke that done the same thing. the fuel heater had gone bad an it was blowin a fuse that was causin it not to start

If you remove oil filter and push down in the center button and have somebody crank does the bowl fill with oil? What kind of scanner do you have access too? I would also check into whether it has had an updated stc fitting on the hpop. These 6.0l are very complex and theres not much you can do without the right tools and info.

seems to crank normal maybe even a lil slower so we charged the batteries and it still wont even act like it wants to start. where is the hpop and is there anything that can be done to see if it is working right. oh and when i reset the emergency fuel shutoff at the kick panel it clicked like it reset but truck still wont start. it doesnt even act like it wants to start and i dont know what kind of scanner it was but it didnt find one code but of course i didnt think it would since there was no check engine light thrown. thanks for yalls help and keep it coming.

Does it still click, (cycle the injectors) when you turn the key from off to run?

It needs something that can look at all the PIDs. Or you are going to start wasting money on useless parts.

umm this just happened to a friend of mines '06 too, what gives? the same exact thing... it's sitting in his driveway now as an 8,000lb lifeless thing!!!! I'm going to look at it tonight, hopefully I'll find something and let you boys know...

Its a truck. Im not sure what PID's or PAT's are? at this point im thinking its a dealer job.

Lots of electronics involved - you need a scanner to watch PIDS (beyond a code reader). No start w/out any codes is tough - if you can't scan it yourself, you can still do like the others here have suggested and make sure your fuel & high pressure oil supplies are good.

umm.. no codes.... i'm bringing my scanner tomorrow, to see if i can get any sensor readings..

I Have Worked On Two 6.0 And Both Times It Was The Idm Module And U Have To Take It To A Dealer. The Best Solutions Is To Take 2 Cummins And Call Me In The Morning Lol

Back