help us determine culprit, dead 05CR

Oh they are going to be getting taken care of, they are currently packed in a box and awaiting for UPS to pick them up.

good news!

on a side note, we struck another gold mine in the fuel return line banjo as it passed thru the stock filter housing.... WE'RE RICH!!!!

good news!

on a side note, we struck another gold mine in the fuel return line banjo as it passed thru the stock filter housing.... WE'RE RICH!!!!

A good attitude like you have will get you a long long way.:rockwoot:

Some light at the end of the tunnel....I started getting the parts ordered our way. The pump, injectors and rail hopefully will be delivered to Shane today so soon we'll find out what the cause was. While my truck is down I am taking this opportunity to upgrade a few things. Starting with the fittings and hoses for the coolant bypass from the ugly regular fittings to the nice clean black shadow series as well as replace the blue hoses w/ black hose and separate the return line from my pump from the return of the rail and injectors. I'm going to have a complete standalone return for the pump to the tank now. I may do the same down the road w/ my injectors and fuel rail. Ordered a cam, valve springs and push rods from Zach Hamilton. I'm looking forward to seeing how the cam preforms especially now that I plan to start turning some RPM.

A good attitude like you have will get you a long long way.:rockwoot:

If parts aren't flyin you aint tryin, right? :rockwoot:

Some light at the end of the tunnel....I started getting the parts ordered our way. The pump, injectors and rail hopefully will be delivered to Shane today so soon we'll find out what the cause was. While my truck is down I am taking this opportunity to upgrade a few things. Starting with the fittings and hoses for the coolant bypass from the ugly regular fittings to the nice clean black shadow series as well as replace the blue hoses w/ black hose and separate the return line from my pump from the return of the rail and injectors. I'm going to have a complete standalone return for the pump to the tank now. I may do the same down the road w/ my injectors and fuel rail. Ordered a cam, valve springs and push rods from Zach Hamilton. I'm looking forward to seeing how the cam preforms especially now that I plan to start turning some RPM.

Why the F aren't parts here yet, whats taking you so long Dan... :poke:

If parts aren't flyin you aint tryin, right? :rockwoot:

Why the F aren't parts here yet, whats taking you so long Dan... :poke:

i guess your just not trying hard enough then. lol

hey now...i have a box that will be delivered today. actually, i should be getting a box or two each day the rest of the week.hey now...i have a box that will be delivered today. actually, i should be getting a box or two each day the rest of the week.

Last edited:
i guess your just not trying hard enough then. lol

hey now...i have a box that will be delivered today. actually, i should be getting a box or two each day the rest of the week.hey now...i have a box that will be delivered today. actually, i should be getting a box or two each day the rest of the week.

Don't curse aunt jemima, and why are you repeating yourself?

I'm not trying to curse aunt jemima by any means, I know you've KO'd a couple 6 spd trannies. I am a ratard so I didn't realize it was in there twice. Lol

checked the rods lastnight...using the dowel rod in the injector hole method, and all of the rods check out w/ their pairing cylinder. i did discover that a nickel will fit perfectly into the injector holes.:nail: luckily i was able to get it out.

checked the rods lastnight...using the dowel rod in the injector hole method, and all of the rods check out w/ their pairing cylinder. i did discover that a nickel will fit perfectly into the injector holes.:nail: luckily i was able to get it out.

At least you got the nickel out:rockwoot:

good news!

You probably have "gold" in the return passage in the head. If it was me, I would pull the head, remove the soft plugs and tank it. But that's just me. I like to do things the hard way! :-)

Paul

Oh Jesus that's overkill, don't sweat it. Like I said pull that fitting in the back of the head, blow some air through it's all good.

err, wait, the head never came off we just removed the fitting on the back of the head and used some air.. did we still dun-good?

Back