help us determine culprit, dead 05CR

So far I've only had that luck with manual trannies... *knock on wood*

he stuck the dowel down into the injector hole until it touched piston and held a nickel as a straight edge to mark depth on the rod with a sharpie, then checked depth on mated cylinder.. he just fat fingered it and flipped the nickel into the hole somehow lol

he stuck the dowel down into the injector hole until it touched piston and held a nickel as a straight edge to mark depth on the rod with a sharpie, then checked depth on mated cylinder.. he just fat fingered it and flipped the nickel into the hole somehow lol

I thought it might have fallen out of his pocket or something crazy!

Thats what they make rulers for, so you dont have that issue. LOL

Well...i couldn't find any at that particular moment. gotta use what you have around at times. lol

Looks like Shane's sending Dan's injectors off to exergy for some TLC, I think he'll miss the SGMP race next weekend but at least everything's being taken care of the right way.

I'm happy to report the truck is back together as of this evening and runs smoother and quieter than my 6.7 does! His truck has always had a bit of a VP44 clatter to it and now it's gone.

It went back together with Bosch Motorsports +45% over brand new injectors, new rail, new rail feed, new rail pressure sensor, cleaned out the entire return system as well as swapped out all filters (3 fuel, 2 oil).

Thanks Shane @ Motorsports Diesel!!! Your customer service is among the best there is!

damn you ryan...you beat me to the punch on posting this! lol

just to add on what ryan said above...the injectors are bosch injectors w/ exergy 45% nozzles.

i really can't thank shane enough for everything! he was a big help!!!!

I had the same problem in my 03 I'm going to have to agree except my bearng stacked broke the rod and sent it out the side of the block just behind the fuel filter can

pretty crazy to hear it all but glad it was fixed the way it was...

i have a lot of shanes parts under my hood and everything has been flawless to date.

did you go with motorsport nozzles or not?

They're new new bosch motorsports injectors and exergy did the nozzles on them.

Back