help with a airdog

cumminspower97

i got a 03 off a guy about 4 months ago it already had a airdog 150 on it about a month after havin it i went to put my smarty back on it. when i put it on anything over level six when i went to get on it hard it would pop. and the airdog started sounding bad so i called airdog and got a new pump i put it on my truck it sounded alot better but i sold the smarty before i got the new pump and got a ppe but the ppe aint here yet but i got to lookin and i seen that the boy that put the airdog on did not put the airdog feedtube in he just used the line thst the stock pump hooked into. will then i started to hear the stock pump run some { not all the time just a few } so i called airdog they said i needed to put the feedtube in that it was not letting the airdog work and they told me to cutt the wire that runs the stock pump in the tank so it can run well atfer pullin me bed airdog said the wire i cutt should be black with a red line but the only one i see was just black can anyone help me on if what i am doin is right or what. i hate when some does something to a truck and it may not be done rright :nail:

Can you try a little harder on punctuation? Is the stock pump still running? I think my older set up called for the red wire on the frame be spliced into so the Airdog can be operated like factory. As long as you have the stock pump shut down and the Airdog drawing from the draw straw and running as commanded you should be doing it right.

03-04 trucks had the stock lift pump mounted on the back of the fuel bowl in the engine compartment, or did that truck have the pump moved to the tank? My wife's 04 would pop even with an airdog 150 with the draw straw installed in the tank and a modified cp3. the popping was a timing issue.

on top if my tank is some wires that pluges up the colors are green blue blue and black i called dodge they said if it has for wires then it has a pump in the tank they said the blue wires go to the pump so they said cutt one of the blue wires so i did but still i hear a pump running do yall that its the airdog because now my fuel light is on and i am pretty sure i anit that low but i could be aint had time to go get any fuel i put the ppe on it but cant got on it hard to see if it still will pop because my tranny is actin up still i got to take it mon. to get it fixed. so i am losted!!!!!!

Your not draining the rail with the airdog its the tune.. i run a airdog 165 at 30 psi and at WOT it doesnt move much.. i had the same pop on my smarty at level 9 and i came out to be too much timing... I downloaded the TNT and on level 8 with no added timing runs excellent.. just my .02

Your not draining the rail with the airdog its the tune.. i run a airdog 165 at 30 psi and at WOT it doesnt move much.. i had the same pop on my smarty at level 9 and i came out to be too much timing... I downloaded the TNT and on level 8 with no added timing runs excellent.. just my .02

Airdog has nothing to do with the rail pressure. Popping could be from low rail pressure which means the cp3 cn not keep up

Back