Help with an 05

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
I was not there first hand but i will try to relay what i was told.

Driving down the highway at the speedlimit the truck hickupped and started bucking like it was out of fuel. Since then the truck now has rail pressure that will trop below 1000 and then go to as high as 22000 with no added throttle!! I will try to get more if this dosent help. Truck has a smarty on 170 timing and quad on 140 all the time, water meth, fass150 and built tranny.

Here is what i was thinking.

Pressure relief valve
CP2
Injectors.

I guess it also seems to develop a timing rattle at times.

First put it back to stock....Off hand I would say the FCA. I have seen the plugs come loose on the inside from vibration on the FCA and/or it could be sticking. Does he have good lift pump pressure? If so, unplug the FCA with it running. It should go to max rail pressure and stay there. If it doesn't or fluctuate's in the slightest, go buy an FCA. Best educated guess over the keyboard.

sootman said:
First put it back to stock....Off hand I would say the FCA. I have seen the plugs come loose on the inside from vibration on the FCA and/or it could be sticking. Does he have good lift pump pressure? If so, unplug the FCA with it running. It should go to max rail pressure and stay there. If it doesn't or fluctuate's in the slightest, go buy an FCA. Best educated guess over the keyboard.
whatbdoes 15

The truck has a FASS 150 and FCA mean? Lift pump is completly bypassed with the 150!

FCA has nothing to do with the lift pump.

FCA is a part of the CP3. It controls the flow of fuel into the CP3. When it goes out the default is like commanding full rail pressure. That'll make it rattle.

So the FCA is the part on the cp3 that has the wires coming from it? Looks almost like the wastegate on these trucks?

Sootman- If i unplug the FAC while the truck is running will i notice the immediate change if it is bad?:thankyou2:

I was that lifeless lump in the middle of the room everybody tripped over.:hehe:

Yes, thats the FCA. it has an electrical connection very similar to the rail sensor.

Unplug it with the truck running and it should immediately throw the check engine light. You should hear LOTS of pressure rattle. If those two things don't happen, you have an FCA issue.