Help with Chips and others...!

mattmike0405

Hello I am new to this forum along with my 2008 Chevrolet 2500HD. I got a 6 inch BDS lift on it with Fox Shocks. 20 inch wheels with 35 inch tires(soon to 37). I would like to know some information as I will be getting a chip soon and want to know some feedback on different ones. I have a 5 inch Magnaflow Exhaust system...and soon to install and Intake but also don't know which one I should put in. Welcome and I would love to hear feedback. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. Which system is it? DPF back, Downpipe back? If you remove it then your pretty much limited to EDGE race, PPE, Quadzilla, or EFILive.
Depending on your horsepower goals your stock intake will do as well or better at filtering than an aftermarket unit; just modify per PPE's instructions

Thanks for the response...Im not too good with all these terms but my pipe is muffler back...I think. What are my different options I should do as far as which chips I should get and so forth. I just want to make the truck faster and add all those cool things to it as if its a project ya know...then I'll do other things later. Let me know?

for a beginer such as yourself, I would recommend getting the PPE. They seem to be pretty much the best for duramax, until you go all the way and get EFI live,, but I dont think that EFI live would be so good for a person with little experience

PPE??

I see a ppe is pretty much a plug and play system but if I go with say a Edge Evolution CTS Race...or a Banks IQ what would I need to do to the truck then?

Id go with a ppe too. Until you gain enough experience to get efi live and then you'll throw rocks at the ppe

Just get EFI Live. If you buy it from a reputable vendor, they will set you up with some good tunes and you can learn from there. All you have to know how to do is copy your stock tune upload the modified tune. Plus you can do two trucks with it and then add licenses from there if you want.

Any top ones out there that are PPE. I would like to know which is the best ppe out there so I know thats its good quality and all?

For your needs the regular ppe will be fine.. if you feel like getting your tranny done and a few other things, go for the hot+2

Contact Nick @ Duramaxtuner.com he will set you up with EFI Live and tune YOUR truck to suit YOUR needs. The Best option.

PPE is the way a GREAT handheld Box Tuner. But for the cost of the Hot +2 you are in the EFI price range. You don't actually need any experience to use EFI just a laptop and have one of the big guys like Idaho Rob, or Pat they both have some of the quickst D-Maxes around and are pro tuners, there are alot of others out there I just can't personally speek for them as I have had no experience with them.

Your intake is fine up to 500-550 RWHp with the PPE box mod. It's free and on there website. If your gonna go big in the future you should plan on dupin the DPF.

So if I go with EFI live what do I need? Do I have to buy a chip first and full in car monitor with the digital gauges then I send the chip out to a programmer??

no,efi live is complete, no guages though... none other than the all in ones like bullydog or edge have guages built in... better to get some nice manual guages like isspro or autometer

Analog is the way to go, I have a very ahrd time trusting digital gauges. I don't know why, but analog are simple and effective.

When you buy EFI you will need a laptop or a computer that can reach your truck. Tunes can be emailed to you and load them into your trucks ecm. Easy as that