help with history

eastcoastfurry

i know that 98 12valves are rare, i was wanting to know how many was made, and how reg cabs and ext cabs was made, just was wondering if some one could fill me in a lil bit

If I remember correctly ,the 98 12V were made from 9.97 up to 1.98

Mine is made in 9.97

Last edited:
you cuold figure a little less than half of 98's has 12v's......then the majority of those were most likely regular cabs

unless you find an extended cab shortbed 12v with a 5 speed, all the rest arent worth any more. unless you get that one guy that is after a 98 12v for the dash upgrade

cant believe csnyder hasnt commented on this

Last edited:
If you need 12v engine and 4 door, then 98 12v is the only solution (from factory)

I just want to know how many was actually manufactured just so I could know the exact rare nativity of these

Trust me they are rare. I have two of them. One was made in 9-97, thats my pullin truck. Its a 5 speed. The other was made in 12-97 its a quad cab 5 speed.

I have yet to see a 98 CLUB 12v. I seen a 1500 that way, just seems more desirable to me for the extreme rarity.

I have yet to see a 98 CLUB 12v. I seen a 1500 that way, just seems more desirable to me for the extreme rarity.

I have test drive Ram 2500 98 12V Club , short bed automatic - yes it's in my country :woohoo:and looks very strange and everithing looks like factory.

The 1500 series 98 Club is not so rare, one of my friend havae this for parts

Last edited:
I have seen a 98 12V club cab automatic. I don't think the 98 12V quads are that rare. they aren't a dime a dozen, but seems whenever I start looking for trucks, I find one. I personally like the 97 interior.

The truck in my picture is a 98 club cab 5 speed. Yes it's a 12 valve. It's my puller.It's the cleanest and the nicest truck i own. Why on earth did i make it a puller!

Seen one in pristine condition years ago. Black with tan leather. 4x4 auto short bed. Should have bought it.

I have wondered about the 98's. So they came quad cab and with the same interior as the 98.5-02's?

The 1500 clubs were not rare at all. Heck they made club 1500's until 2000. I know of three of them right off hand that are close. In a 2500 or 3500 I have not seen a bunch but they do exist. Most people did not want to but a club though when they could get a quad for the same money new. I have seen more 24valve club cabs than 12 valve though.

Last edited:

Ive got a 98 clubcab shortbox Cummins right now. Ive also got 2 98 quadcab longbox Cummins trucks right now...one auto and one manual.