Help Zach

Highfinance97

Garofalo Enterprises
Zach im having some trouble with my new springs

Can you please give me a call, your PM box is full

Michael

570-702-2226

The locks for my new springs seem to be the wrong ones...
the factory ones have a sort of "Edge" that rests under the valve stem notch and the new ones are rounded....

Well, just fyi the retainers on the CR springs that I installed today had that rounded edge on them. Should be the same I would think.

Hamilton on the left Brand X on right
Newengine005.jpg

Hamilton..
Newengine009.jpg

Brand X...
Newengine011.jpg

Brand X on left Hamilton on right
Newengine016.jpg

Brand X on left Hamilton on right
Newengine017.jpg

And just for a reference...
Stock, Hamilton and Brand X
Newengine019.jpg

I wonder if the notch in the valve stem is actually my problem.. maybe they are made for these "X" Locks...:poke:

I've never seen a retainer like that. The rounded ones look EXACTLY like the one's I used today. I did use the stock tops though. Is that on a 24valve?

Ah, well, having never installed springs on a 12V I guess I really can't be of much help. Good luck man

Hey, You might want to measure the valve stem. It looks like you have Chevrolet Small block valves in that head with 11/32 stems and square beads. If that is the case, you need to get 10 degree locks for a small block.

Zach

Hey, You might want to measure the valve stem. It looks like you have Chevrolet Small block valves in that head with 11/32 stems and square beads. If that is the case, you need to get 10 degree locks for a small block.

Zach

Ill measure them in a bit...Do you have those locks and will they work with my new retainers?