Help!!!

haz-mat19

Coming home today my exhaust temps went there the roof. It went up to 1200. I was driving normal getting off the freeway. It comes up quickly too. I turned the comp off and it does the same thing. The boots on the tubes look fine. Any advise.:thankyou2:

Get a replacement thermocouple, if you are still reading the same holler at Jeff and try a new gauge, that does NOT sound like an accurate reading.

Thanks Billy, I was thinks that might be it, but I was not sure. I will get one tomarrow and I will let you know

Search around for leaks in the system, mostly the boots to the intercooler.
You may need to aircharge the intercooler to check that for leaks as well.....

On my way to genos garage the gauge worked perfectly, it actually worked better then it ever has:doh: . I have no idea what the hell happened yesterday. Geno's is awsome:rockwoot: , they found an extra probe lying around and let me have it, just incase. I will wait and see. Thanks for all the info anyway:Cheer:

Go ahead ad change it out, if it's acting wonky now it's not going to get and stay better. I had a thermocouple go bad on mine and it acted similar but would just quit working and read 0 degrees, then read accurate, then WAY low again.

I am finishing moving today, I will change it out tomarrow. I kind of thought that it was going to go out anyway.

Back