HELP !

Hagan

STROKIN
I was having hot start problems on my 6.0 but now it wont start at all, i have no idea what it could be, if anyone can help it would be great. Thanks

Need more info. Is it turning over but not starting? Or turn the key and nothing? With the hot start issue did it run fine once it started? What year? Any mods? Etc...

04 203,000 stock except cat and muffler gone , it will turn over but it just cranks and cranks and no fire, truck ran great. It started having hot start problems it would crank for a while then fire but now it will not fire at all. I talked to ford and they said it could be a lot of different things like fuel injection drive module, but i dunno just need some advice.

When you turn the key on do you hear the injectors cycle? Buzzing noise.

How did the truck run before this?

I don't suppose you have a scanner available, do you?

Few months after I got my truck, I had the same problem and it was a bad FICM. If you end up with a P0611 code that's most likely your issue. I swapped with one off of another truck to check and she fired right off.

Good luck with it

the truck ran fine before , it just started having trouble starting when it was hot now no start at all cold or hot. I dont have a scanner, no check engine light, it sound normal when turning key over. Fuel pump ? Hpop? Injectors?

Could be any of those. You need to find someone with a scanner.

i am taking it to a diesel shop tomarrow ill let yall know what it is when i find out, thanks for all the advice.

well they told me that its gonna need 5 injectors but they didnt tear it down or run a pressure test on the injectors, they said theres no way it could be the hpop it was tested. I dunno they said they knew it was injectors b/c of fuel knock when its cold ?? We got it started and i drove it about 20 miles and it ran fine it just wont start when hot, it wasnt starting cold but i got it started with a lil starting fluid and now it will start cold again. These 6.0s are weird .

looks like its a bad sensor should have my truck back in a couple days:rockwoot:

Nice! A bad sensor is much better than 5 injectors (you actually should replace all 8 if that many are bad)

ICP, yea it is a whole lot better i think they thought it was injectors b/c when u first start it, idles a lil rough but its had new injectors put in it in the last year. Thanks guys for all the help