Hey guys. Trans. Question here.

TolyM

I was hauling a trailer with maybe 5k in total weight. The temp was 90 outside.
My tranny gauge was at 190/195 traveling at 70 mph TC locked.
That seems high to me since im not connected to the hot line going into the cooler. What you guys think? Should i be worried?
I know if i get in a city traffic with that trailer those numbers will jump higher.
That what worries me.

My probe is conected here (Pic attached)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400064571818.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400064571818.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
What is the temp with you daily driving with no load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

190-195 is acceptable if you still have your heat exchanger, you are passing your transmission fluid through 195-200 degree coolant. The only way you will lower your trans temp is to delete the heat exchanger, but if you are in a cold climate that has it's down falls as well.

190-195 is acceptable if you still have your heat exchanger, you are passing your transmission fluid through 195-200 degree coolant. The only way you will lower your trans temp is to delete the heat exchanger, but if you are in a cold climate that has it's down falls as well.

This makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
I live in the south but do travel to the north a lot. I haven't touched the heat exchanger and prefer not messing with it.
I spent over a month in Indiana last winter where the temp outside was -10 to -20. Will be spending sometime in Indiana this coming winter again.
This answers my question if its acceptable temperature.
Thanks again.

What is the temp with you daily driving with no load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

180 in a stop and go traffic with temps outside at 90.
165 with TC locked going 70 MPH.
Empty numbers look good to me. Once loaded and i reach in the high 190s is what i was worried about.

Put the temp sender in the hot line or the pan. Only way your going to get accurate readings.

Put the temp sender in the hot line or the pan. Only way your going to get accurate readings.

How accurate is the place that i have it hooked up now? Its rite above the pan?
I didnt install the gauge, bought the truck with the gauges installed already.

How accurate is the place that i have it hooked up now? Its rite above the pan?
I didnt install the gauge, bought the truck with the gauges installed already.

The port you have it in does not see fluid flow most of the time. If you are actually worried about trans temp then you should really weld a bung in the pan, get another pan with hole for it or put it in the cooler out line. The pan is probably best as it shows fluid temp that is re-entering the filter/pump.

That is a pressure port in the picture great place to hook up a pressure gauge! Put your sensor in the pan. Run an auxiliary cooler with fan and you should be fine! If you want to know the actual temp coming out of the trans put a sensor inline heading towards the cooler.

Back