hey im an idiot

fatboyslimmy

So i decided to do a burnout :badidea: and next thing i know i have no power and get out to check, before i opened the hood up i could see a big ass puddle of diesel sitting under the truck? I proceded to check the engine out and saw fuel squirting from the fuel lines and two of them split in half. Later i found out there were some hold down clamps missing. Had to drive the truck back a couple of miles back to the house. Smoking like a train. I know this isnt a unique story.
Anyways i bought a whole set of fuel lines cleaned them and put them on and the truck wont start. Its cranking. Ive already bled the truck. Any suggestions?

You say you bled it but exactly how did you bleed it? You need to bleed at the injector lines where it connects to the injectors. Since you posted in the 24v forum I am going to assume that is what we are working with here. Also, do not crack all 6 lines loose and try to bleed/start it. It will not work this way why I do not know but it has happened to me in the past. Crack 3 lines loose and crank until you see fuel. Close lines and truck should start.

You say you bled it but exactly how did you bleed it? You need to bleed at the injector lines where it connects to the injectors. Since you posted in the 24v forum I am going to assume that is what we are working with here. Also, do not crack all 6 lines loose and try to bleed/start it. It will not work this way why I do not know but it has happened to me in the past. Crack 3 lines loose and crank until you see fuel. Close lines and truck should start.

Thats what i would do^^^. i ran out of diesel as i was pulling into a gas station and had to crank it over for an hour before she would pop. not having tools with to crack the line loose really blows.:doh:

Last edited:
Thats what i would do^^^. i ran out of diesel as i was pulling into a gas station and had to crank it over for an hour before she would pop. not having tools with to crack the line loose really blows.:doh:

That's a bad ass starter and batteries....

No shlt! Definitely hang onto that starter, they don't make em that good anymore!

Give her a shot of ether. 2-3 shots and it should fire right up.

yes a 24 valve......... i shot a ton of ether and it made a big explosion sound then ran for a minute then died. I think there may be air still in the lines...

Im only cracking the fuel return line from the vp tomorrow ive already tried all the other injector line 1-6. I also have airdog 150.

Did you crack the injector lines and then crank the truck till fuel shoots out the line?

yes a 24 valve......... i shot a ton of ether and it made a big explosion sound then ran for a minute then died. I think there may be air still in the lines...

LOL I can see it now, 80% ether, 30 seconds worth of 'shooting up' and BLAMO.

You better hope it didn't kill a rod!

yes there was bubbles coming out the fuel lines and i bumped the key to get the airdog to start until there wasnt any bubbles and closed each fuel line

yea thats not how you bleed lines. Leave all 6 cracked and crank the truck for 15 seconds

Got it running finally!!! running normal for now also replaced the starter and the belt and one battery.