Hey Ya'll...from south carolina

Talbp0

Hey guys...first time post. Basically what I am getting prepared for is putting a 92 12 valve cummins in a 1971 F250 4wd.:woohoo: Just found a motor locally for $1000 bucks which I think is a good price. I started my quest looking for a 1970 model ford truck because my grandad had one that got passed down to me and I ended up totalling it being a dumb kid. Ever since then, I've always wanted another one but I wanted a four wheel drive. Since then my dad had a 4wd 2500 dodge and after that I had a Ram 350 1 ton single cab duelly. Both with that infamous cummins motor that I have grown to LOVE! Every time...just like the logo. Sooo, of coarse the wheels start turning and now I've joined a performance website for support. I actually have a 1971 F100 shortbed 4wd that I bought first to restore. I tore it down to the frame and now its sandblasted and ready for por 15 but I just wasn't completely happy with my goals.:bang I bought a 460 to put in it and I know it would be a blast, but I like Heavy Duty trucks and I want to be able to pull a hell of alot more than just my boat and at least be able to pass two gas stations!. Sooo... I started looking for an F250 and damn if I didn't find the exact same year truck but longbed and of coarse an F250. I got a c-6 tranny with the transfer case when I got the 460 so I'm wanting to buy an adaptor plate and use that with the cummins. I cannot wait to see some of my friends faces when I pull up in this truck. Truly a dream truck for me. I look forward to some great advice and support. Thanks guys ahead of time.:thankyou2:

Sounds like A fun project. Post up pictures as you go in the conversion section. And welcome buddy

Back